Thermoelectric valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Anyone know how I can fit a thermoelectric valve to control a underfloor heated room? I've seen the fancy manifolds kits with pump and these valves fitted but I only want one valve and already have a manifold and pump.
I notice they are available to fit some TRVs is this the only method ?

Sponsored Links
They are little actuators that sit on the manifold valve which can shut off the flow to each sector when wired up to a room stat-a cross beween a TRV and a motorised valve

Sponsored Links
I thought he meant thermionic valves

220px-Ibm-tube.jpg

(no, I didn't really)

If you only have one zone you don't need one. Just run the UFH pump through the room stat.

They are available to order from most plumbers merchants. They work like a TRV head with a heating element wrapped round them, so thermoelectric is the correct description.

You can get two versions, most open the valve when electrically energised, but a few systems I've worked on work so that electric energising shuts the port.

Some UFH works on 24v actuators, so that is another difference you need to check before ordering.

I have 2 zones using a simple manifold but I may need to add separate control to reduce the temp in one room as I don't use it that much.The main living room zone runs off the ch room stat along with the rads which are TRV'd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back