Thermonet underfloor heating kit - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, can anyone give me an idea about the quality of a Thermonet underfloor heating kit.

I have been given a 17m x 05m Thermonet underfloor heating kit. It is rated at 150w/m2. It is also about 4 or 5 years old. The box says it can be used under all flooring types and over all flooring substrates. I wonder whether it might be worth keeping for use should I ever replace the kitchen or bathroom flooring or whether, due to its age / reputation, I should try to sell it on or give it away?

Any opinions on this product would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
Sell it on fleabay. It will cost a fortune to run.

Then donate the procedes to a charity near too home.

Thankyou for your kind considerate donation :idea:

Thanks a lot for your opinion clf-gas. It'll be on ebay or in a charity shop very soon now.

Mutley56 :D

Sponsored Links
Maybe my experience of Thermonet will help.

I have fitted two different rooms with underfloor heating.

1. With Thermonet, in the first room, I found the underfloor element extremely fragile and liable to break. If you do that, you will have to buy a repair kit and fix, a fiddly and difficult task. The 2nd kit was much more robust.

2. It is much warmer too, with no special underlay required on a concrete base.

2. 3 or 4 years later the Thermonet system no longer works. The thermostat just flashes on and off. When I rang the Thermonet helpline, they did not really know what was wrong. They suggested I check the connections at back of Thermostat or buy a new one. At £90, they said this was not expensive.

4. When I got my phone bill, I realized that Thermonet charge £1 per minute for their advice, meaning a charge of about £5.

I would go with the 2nd system of underfloor heating in future, not Thermonet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back