Thermonet underfloor heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help me…

I’ve got under floor heating in a wetroom. Been working fine for about ten years, but couple of weeks ago I noticed it’s not warming up. Don’t know what the mat is but is about 3m2. The control unit says thermonet on it. Looking online it looks like a Aube TH232.

The probe had been pulled out a bit so pushed that back in but still not working. So don’t think it’s that.

Display says it’s on full heating intensity but the temp just sits at 17 or 18. Tried resetting it by turning the power off for a few hours but no change. No other indications on the display to say anything is wrong.

Taken the unit off and measured things. Definitely getting 240v to the control unit.

The temp probe is measuring at 13k ohms.

The mat is measuring at 180 ohms between the blue and brown wires and in the mega ohms from those to ground.

Thinking the mat and probe is ok and probably means the unit is faulty?

I took the board out and couldn’t see any damage. There was a very little bit of crusty stuff on the back side under one of the components which I think is a capacitor - so guessing it’s that that might have gone.

Do the mat and probe measurements seem ok to those that know? Really hoping it’s not the mat as do NOT want to pull the floor up!

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
13k is expected for a temperature sensor, although whether it's correct depends on the specific controller. However they usually fail shorted or open, so any resistance is generally a good sign.

180 ohms would be a 300 watt heating mat, so that is probably ok as well.

Great, thanks. Am really hoping it’s not the mat! A new controller for £50 seems much better than ripping the tiles up!

Sponsored Links
Turn up the heat setting on the mat A LOT and see what happens

£50 for a controller is too cheap imho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back