Thermostat Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some help, I have bought a new room thermostat to replace the old one we had - the chap at the shop said that it will work with the boiler system i have - but it doesn't.

The thermostat I have bought is a Honeywell T6360 (b) I have wired it up to the best of my knowledge and the diagram given but everytime i turn up the thermostat the 3amp fuse blows thats runs to the boiler?

This is how i have wird it up - I have 4 wires = 1 single red wire, then a cable with 3 wires = 1 red 1 black and an earth. I have connected the single red into terminal one (live in) and connected the black wire - neut into terminal 3, 2nd live wire into terminal and earth to earth

THis prob makes no sense but any help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Look at athe wiring diagram again, You obviously have the neutral on a switch contact.
It should go to the resistance!

L-T1
Sl-T3
N-T2

Sponsored Links
Job done, all sorted radiators now hot and thermostat works fine - much obliged for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back