Thermostat issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
We have Greenstar RI boiler for pressurized system. Our thermostat is British Gas RS1.
Yesterday I have noticed boiler is constantly on. Today I have reduced the thermostat to lowest to test it. Despite thermostat is on lowest, boiler is still on.
Do you think issue is the boiler thermostat or British Gas RS1? I am a keen DIYer. Do you think it will be an easy task for me to replace the thermostat - after turning all electricity off? Which thermostat do you recommend?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Possibly a motorised valve fault. If you switch off the programmer does boiler continue to run ?

When I turn off the programmer (British Gas Model UP1) boiler turns off. So I think issue is isolated to thermostat.

Also if the issue is the thermostat, can I take the front panel off and replace with front panel from Drayton RTS1 1-Channel Wired Room Thermostat , without any changes on the back connector panel?

Sponsored Links
Also if the issue is the thermostat, can I take the front panel off and replace with front panel from Drayton RTS1 1-Channel Wired Room Thermostat , without any changes on the back connector panel?
Yes it would be a straight swap.
But as earlier...
Remove the RS1 from its backplate (avoid touching the live contacts!).
Does the C/H turn off?
To check that it really is the thermostat!

When I remove the RS1 from the back plate, C/H turns off.

So straight replacement for RTS1 then. Correct?

When I remove the RS1 from the back plate, C/H turns off.

So straight replacement for RTS1 then. Correct?
Yes.

... Or for a temporary solution, you could try giving the RS1 a couple of sharp taps with the handle of a screwdriver - it may free up a stuck contact, but it will definitely help to relieve any frustration! ;)

Great. Thanks for the help.

Little tap always might work. Even Han Solo gives a tap to Millennium Falcon. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back