No power to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have no power to my proteon boiler at present. It’s wires into a fused spur 3amp, I changed this and the red light comes on but still no lights or power to boiler. I’ve checked the RCD unit and all switches are up.....

This came about when I looked at the wall mounted thermostat (British Gas rs1) we have had a Nest smart thermostat delivered, I turned off electrics to see the wiring on the old thermostat but it appeared I needed someone with more of a sparky background to wire this up for me. I put the old thermostat back on with all live, earthed, neutral etc back to its original (I took a photo before removing) but I’m now left with no power to boiler?

Sponsored Links
"No power to boiler". Do you mean the boiler will not fire up on demand but there is voltage present at the boiler ? Or no voltage present at all ?

sounds like when you have re-connected the wires you have pushed a wire in too far and screwed on to the sheathing rather than the wire

Sponsored Links
on your bottom pic the function selector is set to O your boiler will not give a display in this position

Answer... A designer :rolleyes::LOL:
download.jpeg
Not a patch on W/B design dingbats.

Lol....it’s got no power when it was set on other settings. All ok I changed the fuse within the boiler located by the PCB all working now. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back