Thermostat overriding Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening

I've recently moved house and I'm pretty sure there is a fault in the central heating.

The system is about 8 years old. There is a hot water valve and then 2 zone heating.
The problem seems to be that the upstairs thermostat can turn the upstairs radiators on regardless of what the programmer is set to. The hot water and downstairs radiators don't have this problem i.e if the programmer is off then is doesn't matter what I turn the thermostat up to, the heating won't come on.
All the zone valves seem to be working as they should - if I turn the upstairs thermostat right down then I can hear the motorised valve closed and the boiler turns off.

This doesn't seem a huge problem as I just keep the upstairs thermostat right down, but I am wondering if this is the right way it should be working.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Possible faulty programmer/timer or wiring fault by the sounds of it. Have you checked to see if the programmer/timer needs batteries?

When I get called to a property when the batteries have run out, I find that the wife always have some spare! ;)

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back