Thermostat problem on new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new Ferolli condensing combi boiler fitted in February to replace my old combi boiler.
After it was fitted the thermostat wouldn't work.
The guy who fitted it put in a new thermostat, but that will still not work. And is now not answering the phone!!!
I've had a gas man look at it and he said I needed an electrician.
So today an electrician had a look. He said the thermostat needed to be a wireless one as the one that is fitted is incorrect.
I am now waiting for a price.
Whatever the electrician has done while fiddleing with the thermostat, there is now no heating - only hot water.
To say this is getting beyond a joke is an understatement!!!

Can anybody give me any advice. I've managed to get the heating to work if i put the boiler on test mode.

Very fed up and Pi*£ed Off!!!

Sponsored Links
It seems that you, had some kind of unregistered installer who was clearly lacking in skills.

I expect this was someone you met in the pub or something but not a genuine installer as they would be concerned about their reputation and would never just ignore your calls.

In this world you generally get what you pay for.

You then say you got a "gasman" ! Any competent heating engineer would be totally able to wire up boiler controls so again you managed to call someone lacking...

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back