Drayton Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I broke my Drayton thermostat, bought a new one and now the heating won't fire up. The boiler is working and the hot water but no heating.

I had an electrician fit the thermostat back on the wall and commissioned the thermostat as directed.

When I hit the manual overdrive button in the scr it still does not fire the boiler up. I have a permanent red light showing on the scr.

Any advice as at a loss and need heating asap, 2 young children. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Did the electrician not leave it working?

Sounds like The SCR is possibly faulty. Power it off for 2 minutes. Take batteries out of thermostat. Power on SCR again and red light should show. Press override button once, green light should come on and heating should start. If no green light it is likely SCR is faulty. If it does come on and heating starts follow the commissioning instructions carefully to pair the stat to the SCR.

If it doesn't go green when override is pressed then power off again. Remove SCR from back plate, disconnect wire from terminal 3 and connect it into terminal 1 on the back plate, refit SCR to back plate. Power on again and you will have heating, but only controlled by your programmer. This will get you going until a working SCR is obtained.

Thanks, the green light does come on however not firing the boiler up??

On the commissioning process When you are meant to get the red light flickering for up to 7 seconds on its own, it does not do this, just stays red.

OK if it goes green but no heating I assume your programmer is set to heating on, move the wire from 3 to 1 (with the power off!) as explained above. This will bypass the thermostat to prove the rest of the heating system is working.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much I will get in touch with the electrician and try and get this done. Will feedback. Appreciate the response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back