Drayton RF SCR Questions

What is good about that one?

Is it compatible with the Glowworm Flexicom 30CX boiler an dis it easy to install / wire up?

Sponsored Links
It 's has a better reputation for reliability than Drayton ones. It does what it says on the tin.

Is it compatible with the Glowworm Flexicom 30CX boiler and is it easy to install / wire up?
Yes to both.

Brown to L
Blue to N
Link L to A
Green/Yellow to B

While you are about it, get a length of 0.75 three core plus earth heat resistant cable and do the job properly, i.e. not using the green/yellow for carrying voltage

It 's has a better reputation for reliability than Drayton ones. It does what it says on the tin.

Is it compatible with the Glowworm Flexicom 30CX boiler and is it easy to install / wire up?
Yes to both.

Brown to L
Blue to N
Link L to A
Green/Yellow to B

While you are about it, get a length of 0.75 three core plus earth heat resistant cable and do the job properly, i.e. not using the green/yellow for carrying voltage

OK, I took your advice and bought a CMT927 but the wiring diagram that it came with is a bit confusing, (no surprises there!)

The diagram for connecting to a combi boiler appears to show that the live wire from the mains should first go to the Honeywell receiver and then a second wire from the receivers second live terminal goes down into the boilers live terminal. The neutral wire from the mains however looks like it should go to the boilers neutral terminal first and then onto the receiver:

It also says that the receivers A and B terminals should be connected to the boilers T1 and T2 terminals but my boiler does not have these terminals. Here is a picture of the terminals inside my boilers electrical cartridge (pic shows it still currently wired into the existing Drayton SCR, the 3 core wire on the top left is from the mains and the 3 core under it is going into the Drayton SCR):

Would you be able to advise how I should connect this new Honeywell to the boiler please?

Cheers

Ok, I decided to just go for it.

I've left the L and N from the mains connected directly to the boiler and have connected the L from the boiler to the middle L on Honeywell receiver and the N from the boiler to the N on the receiver. I've then linked the right L terminal in the receiver to the A terminal in the receiver and connected the B terminal in the receiver to the R terminal in the boiler.

It all seems to be working ok but does this sound right? I can post a pic if needed.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I decided to just go for it.

I've left the L and N from the mains connected directly to the boiler and have connected the L from the boiler to the middle L on Honeywell receiver and the N from the boiler to the N on the receiver. I've then linked the right L terminal in the receiver to the A terminal in the receiver and connected the B terminal in the receiver to the R terminal in the boiler.

It all seems to be working ok but does this sound right? I can post a pic if needed.
That's correct.

Nice one, thanks very much for your help with this.

The Honeywell receiver is only coming on when the transmitter call for heat.

It seems the problem has finally been solved!

Looks like something bizarre was going on with our Drayton controls, even after a second receiver from them.

It's all in the past now anyway and hopefully this new Honeywell wont give us any problems!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back