Drayton Digistat +3RF / Glowworm Flexicom 30cx Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a new flat and am having problems getting the central heating to come on.

The flat has a Glowworm Flexicom 30CX boiler which is controlled by a Drayton Digistat +3RF wireless thermostat.

I can get the green light on the Drayton SCR receiver to come on and the boiler makes a noise but the radiators do not come on.

In the wall behind the +3RF is an exposed red and exposed black wire (which is a bit worrying, should they not at least be in choc boxes?) I'm guessing these were the wires that controlled the original thermostat.

I have attached a picture of how the receiver is currently wired to the boiler as it does not look right to me.

Does anyone have any experience with these who could confirm if this is the correct wiring for a Drayton SCR please?

Thanks very much.

Steve

Loose wires behind +3RF:
IMG_0398.jpg

Back plate of SCR:
IMG_0399.jpg

Wide view of boiler and SCR:
IMG_0400.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
The wiring is shoddy, although is probably correct in terms of what goes where.

The way the flexible conductors are attached to the screw terminals is really messy, there's no cord grip or clips (one hard yank and you've got exposed live wires flying around), and they've used the green/yellow earth wire for switched live. Naughty and amateurish.

Linking brown to green/yellow :evil: should get the boiler running manually.

But if the boiler responds to the stat in some way, it sounds like a boiler fault rather than something wrong with the stat.

PS Instructions for stat here: http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/p4750348.pdf

Hold down the "-" button for 5 seconds, and a "S" will be displayed followed by a number, this number corresponds to what the boiler is supposed to be doing. If you have the manualit will have these listed, if not post it up and I'll let you know what it means.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back