Replacing a Drayton SCR (RF) with a Horstmann RF unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Drayton Digistat SCR has failed and I have bought a Horstmann RF Programmable Room Thermostat to replace it but the wiring to control the boiler is a little confusing.
The Drayton wiring uses four connections
Live and Neutral, and C- connection 1 on the SCR unit (presume that stands for 'common'?... and Call - connection 3 on the SCR unit.

The boiler is a Gloworm Flexicom 30 CX.
Where do I connect the two wires used by 'C' and 'Call' when wiring the Hostmann unit? and do I need to remove the 'Live' link on the unit (for volt free applications)

Thanks for helping..

Sponsored Links
Which model Horstmann?

Does the Drayton SCR have four wires connected?
Is there a link between L and 1/C(ommon) on theSCR?

Hi there, thanks for the reply. The Horstmann unit simply says RF Programmable Room Thermostat. The Boiler/ Receiver unit has 5 connections...
N - L - NC - COM - NO. It also has a link between L and COM fitted out of the box.
I have the mains connected to Neutral and Live(N & L). I have two remaining wires which were previously connected to terminals marked C & Call on the Drayton unit. Its these wires that I bneed clarification on please

thanks
Karolos

Remove the link between L and COM.

Connect as follows:

Drayton --- Horstmann
1/C --------- COM
3/Call ------ NO

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back