Help removing Drayton Wireless SCR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been a bit stupid and have installed a Tado Extender to replace my Danfoss Heating and Hotwater controls.
This seems to of gone fine however I also removed the existing faulty Drayton Wireless SCR without taking any pictures of the wiring and from some previous posts I believe I have created a open circuit.
I have no idea what wires I need to jumper together to fix this.

Currently my Hotwater and Heating are not working on the new Tado or on the old Drayton (the boiler is not starting) which I believe is due to me removing the SCR as that is the only thing that is different.

I have attached some photos. The SCR was connected to port 13,14,15 and 16 in pic1

Any guidance would be most appreciated

Attachments

• PIC1.jpg
    PIC1.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 233
  • PIC2.jpg
    PIC2.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 219
  • PIC3.jpg
    PIC3.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 224
  • PIC4.jpg
    PIC4.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 233
Sponsored Links
I’d say the white and black wires. Do you know where they connect in the wiring centre?

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I am guessing you mean the White wire in the Wiring Centre to the Black wire on the SCR ?
I do not want to use the SCR anymore so I have removed this from the Wiring Centre which from this post https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...istat-scr-and-drayton-lp522-with-hive.488829/ suggests I have created an open Circuit so I need to jumper a cable in the Wiring Centre to close it ?

These is where I do not know what cable to jumper as I removed the SCR without taking pictures so only know that the cables where connected to ports 13,14,15 and 16 on the SCR but have no idea on order

Thanks

No I meant the black and white at scr end.

Sorry I’ve just re-read - you stated where the wiring went. You need the call for heat from Tado into the white (numbered 15).

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi
Forgive me for being stupid, so would I jumper the white 15 to the blue 14 which looks to be the On HTG from the Tado Extender ?
Thanks

If that’s where the heating on from the Danfoss was, then yes.

Brilliant will try now
So I have traced the cables and this will link the Heating On from the Danfoss to port 14 to port 15 that goes to the Actuator valve ?
Sorry for double checking just don't want to blow anything :(

Yes, so if all this links up as agreed, it should come on.

Hi
You are an absolute god send works a treat thank you so much for the assistance and sorry for the stupid questions

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
As @Chris_W has identified, the white wire from the motorised valve in terminal 15 is the one that is responsible for operating the central heating. And it doesn't have a wire in it.

Capture.JPG

The required end result is that this terminal 15, should be connected to terminal 4 of the Tado. CH ON....

tado.JPG

....whether it goes direct or via a link, doesn't matter.

But I have some bad news for you...
Currently my Hotwater and Heating are not working on the new Tado or on the old Drayton (the boiler is not starting) which I believe is due to me removing the SCR as that is the only thing that is different.

The hot water system wiring shouldn't be in anyway connected to the SCR, so ought to be working. If as you say it isn't, then there is something else wrong.

EDIT
Sorry you replied to Chris whilst I was typing. Glad it's working. The hot water can forever remain a mystery :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back