Thermostat wiring help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm looking at changing my old Drayton mechanical thermostat to a new digital Danfoss one. I'm a bit unsure of the wiring though and would really appreciate some advice on where the wires should go on the new thermostat.

The new thermostat is mains operated as apposed to battery.

The boiler is a combi boiler.

Below are some pics of the old and new thermostats

Thanks for any help

full

full

full

full

full

Sponsored Links
You will need to fit a surface, or flushed in box before wiring the thermostat. This thermostat may be designed to have a permanent supply, rather than being fed from a time clock, so it may or may not work properly when connected to your existing wiring. There is a way around it but it is a bit involved requiring a small relay.

Blue-N
Red-L
Yellow with red sleeve-NO
wire link from L-COM

Thanks husky. I have a flush box waiting, just didn't want to cut the plasterboard until I'd found out if this type of thermostat would work.

Is there any way to find out if this will need a relay or just fit it and see what happens?

By the 'wire link' do you just mean a scrap bit of wire connecting the L to COM?

Thanks for the help

Yes just an odd bit of insulated wire will do for the link. Just fit it and see if it works, some don't like the supply being cut every time the time clock goes off. Others don't care. There is no mention in the installation manual.

Sponsored Links
Thermostat works when timer kicks on. When timer kicks off thermostat power disappeared but when timer comes back on thermostat has stayed at the temperature I set it at and not reset. So this should work fine? Will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back