thermostat wiring question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying to wire up my new boiler (baxi combi duo tec 28) with my existing drayton 522 programmer and digistat 1 thermostat.

I have one question I'm hoping you can answer:

I've got power to the programmer and and boiler both off a 3A mains supply. Terminal 4 on the programmer (CH on) is wired to the common on the digistat, the call for heat on the digistat is wired to the switched return on the boiler. My question is where does the wire (switch out) from the boiler go that completes the loop as per the manual? I believe it should go the the programmer but don't know which terminal it should go to?

Terminal on programmer as follows:

N
L
1 (hw off)
2 (ch off)
3 (hw on)
4 (ch on)

Help needed!

Sponsored Links
run switch feed out from boiler to power external controls not from seperate supply.
Then the switch feed back from digistat completes the circuit back to the boioler on demand

Why not throw the stat and programmer away and buy the Drayton Digistat plus3.

Piece a cake to wire up and will save you money on the running costs as well.

About 30 quid on ebay

522 is not the right clock to be using on a combi , bin it and just wire your stat into the boiler

Sponsored Links
522 is not the right clock to be using on a combi , bin it and just wire your stat into the boiler

Correct namsag.

I'm a fan of the Drayton digistat plus3 programmable room stat. :cool:

6 settings, and you enter the required temperature for each day or as a block, and forget it.

example. 7:00 19c, 10:00 10c, 12:00 19c, 14:00 10c, 17:00 21c, 23:00 7c.

As soon as it reaches the set temperature it switches off, or doesn't bother to come on if it's already at the set temperature.

Standard programmers and clocks have just become obsolete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back