Probaby an easy question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new baxi duo tec 28 combi fitted.

My existing programmer and thermostat controlled both the CH and the HW. (using drayton 522 and digistat 1) Can I use these to control the CH only on the new boiler and have the HW run continuously (i.e. when someone turns the tap on there'll always be hot water).

I think if I'm right all I have to the do is wire up the programmer for CH only and not wire the HW part of the programmer. I would then take the wires from the programmer to the combi and wire into it by removing the link joining terminals 1 and 2.

Is this right?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
no reason why you shouldn't just use 1 side of the programmer

you will need power to clock LNE + timer live from boiler and return switch live to boiler via rooom stat

Thanks kevindgas.

The programmer and thermostat are already wired from the previous system (old back boiler). All I was going to do was remove the cable for old pump and back boiler and run a three core cable to the new combi from the programmer (as long as I wire it right!).

To expand on your comments.... The programmer has power. At the minute the digistat is wired as follows:

1: red wire (C)
2: no wire (sat)
3: yellow wire (call)
blue wire is to earth.

the programmer has the following:

N: black from mains
L: red from mains on 3A
1: (HW OFF) not required
2: (CH OFF) is this where the yellow digistat wire goes
3: (HW ON) no required
4: (CH ON) Is this where the red wire from the digistat goes?

The combi has it's own 3A power supply as it's in a different room to the programmer. Do I run cable connecting terminal 2 and 4 from the programmer onto terminal 1 and 2 of the combi?

your help is appreciated as I running the cable at the mo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back