Thermostatic bar shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just been called to look at a thermostatic bar shower that the owner has fit, he has taken feeds off the hot and cold feeds to the bath taps and one is gravity -Hot and Cold is mains pressure.
There is no hot coming from the unit at all, this is i am sure down to the cold on mains.
could I put an isolating valve on and reduce the flow of water pressure from cold to balance the unit up/
Thanks in antisipation

Sponsored Links
Better to balance the supplies i.e take the cold supply from the cistern and not the mains.

Check MI for whether NRV is reqd on the hot supply :D

horace1 said:
I have just been called to look at a thermostatic bar shower that the owner has fit, he has taken feeds off the hot and cold feeds to the bath taps and one is gravity -Hot and Cold is mains pressure.
There is no hot coming from the unit at all, this is i am sure down to the cold on mains.
could I put an isolating valve on and reduce the flow of water pressure from cold to balance the unit up/
Thanks in antisipation

turning the isolating valve will not reduce the water pressure at all....it will reduce the flow however.

Like the prevoius poster said, you may need to take a feed from the header tanks to balance the shower. Or fit a shower pump, even with the pump its better to balance the hot and cold supplies.

could i fit a manual control bar or can something be taken out of the thermo bar to make it manual?

Sponsored Links
thrmostatic showers arn't cheap and you would still be having the same problem of mains water preasure over the tank water. To get it done properly do what has allready been suggested, equal the preasures.

as HG said pump or take a feed of the tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back