thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just installing a mira realm mixer shower , we have a system boiler with a unvented cylinder . is it best to give the shower a separate 15mm feed pipe for hot water which is branched off the 22mm hot water pipe which goes to our bath ,there is also a 15mm hot water pipe nearby aswell , the 15mm cold supply is already in place from a previous electric shower , this is branched off the main 15mm cold supply that goes to the bathroom . or would it be better to branch off the 22mm cold main that goes direct to the unvented cylinder . .our mains pressure is about 2.5 bar , do we need to fit a pressure regulator for the cold feed into shower .

Sponsored Links
There should be a pressure regulator fitted to the supply to your unvented cylinder. Connecting there should give you more of a equal hot and cold pressure.

Sponsored Links
shower plumbing diagram does have a pressure regulator on it , but doesn,t state at what mains pressures you would need to fit one .my unvented cylinder does have a pressure reg fitted but its on the 22mm cold feed into the cylinder , so i would have to branch off after that point and i haven,t really got any wall space left .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back