Thermostatic mixer shower

jmn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm planning to have a concealed thermostatic mixer shower installed but there are SO many different makes to choose from, all with similar styling!

Are there any makes where you'd say "..don't touch them with a barge pole", or any where you'd say "I've fitted loads of these and not a single problem.."?

Grateful for any advice.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you narrow your choice first by finding out which are suitable for the hot and cold water systems you have.
Whether you have a combi boiler, gravity system, mains pressure system, pumped system, gravity hot and mains cold etc. etc. will make a difference to the available choices. You may well find that only one or two will suit your requirements.

Thanks very much TicklyT.

We have a gravity fed system, both hot and cold, with around 0.1 bar of pressure, and I'm thinking of boosting this with a separate pump under the bath. I've read in another thread that Grohe are good, but pricey. Plumbworld has several "Architeckt" ones on their website which look similar to Grohe's and seem to be drastically reduced at present. Do any of you experts know whether these are any good please?

Thanks again. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back