Thermostatic mixing valves

Ant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Saunier Duval SD623 combi. In the bathroom I have a telephone style shower mixer (non thermostatic). I am currently just getting enough hot water for a decent shower (8" rose) without needing any cold adding. If I put a thermostatic mixer valve into the system will it affect the flow rate much? I was thinking of adding the valve as a safety precaution (we now have kids!)
I was thinking of adding a similar valve to the hot basin tap as if the tap is run for a short period and then turned off and then on shortly after the water left in the boiler heat exchanger comes out really hot for a few seconds. This is obviously not ideal with kids.
I could perhaps use one valve to control both bath/shower and basin as their pipework is common. Any advice or comments would be welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
To be 100% safe,probably best to ring Saunier Duval advice line

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back