Loss of hotwater pressure after mixer tap installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have installed a shower-mixer tap in my bath and a mixer tap in my kitchen.

After installation, the hot water pressure from my bath tap when used as a shower has decreased to the point of a dribble, however, when in the bath-mode, the pressure is as before the change. I have tried to see whether it was the hose that was constricting the flow, unfortunately, even in shower-mode with the hose removed, I still get a very low pressure coming from the valve where the hose attaches to.

Furthermore, I have the same problem with the kitchen mixer tap ( it has a flexible tube for connecting to the copper pipes) where the hot water pressure has also reduced to a dribble.

Sponsored Links
Possible you got airlock on the hot water side,you don't say what system you've got.I try and make easy for you to understand,have you got cold water storage tank and cylinder ? if so make sure the ballcock in your cold water storage is okay,possibly the ballcock got struck and when the water tank empty,air got in creating a airlock.You need to get a water main pressure back up to the hot tap with a hose somehow and force the air out into the tank.If it a bath/shower mixer,I have made a connection on the shower pipe outlet with a garden hose & turn the shower lever to shower position and open up the hot tap with the cold tap shut and turn on the water main on.This way you don't get wet instead of the old method with towel. Don't do it for too long as the water level will overfill out the overflow.Also the cold feed for the shower should come from the cold storage tank for equal pressure unless you got a combi boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back