hot water pressure is like a dribble.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, just put a new kitchen in and my hot water pressure is no good, it comes out like a dribble and takes about 5mins to fill the sink to wash pots. its a gravity fed system, im guessing its to do with the tap, its a pull out mixer shower head tap so it has more flex hose to go round. The last taps was single standard taps. the baths got the best pressure. Is there any way i can increase the pressure... water pump etc ???

Sponsored Links
Was pressure good before you changed the tap? could be air locked?

Is the cold supply to the tap on mains? Some mixers need equal supply pressures to work correctly. Do you have the M.I 's? is it suitable for low (gravity) supply?

Sponsored Links
yes.......... whole house pump ... costs a fortune..... just raise your CWS tank 150feet.... seemples!!

You could buy the correct type of taps.

Before you do that.

1. Place the palm of your hand under the kitchen tap spout.
2. Open hot side of mixer.
3. Open cold side (only a little bit) until you can hear and feel water going up the hot side.
4. Do this for 30 seconds.
5. Turn off cold water.
6. Remove hand and hopefully it will pull out any air.

Please note: You might get a bit wet.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back