Hot water will only dribble out of all hot taps in my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!,

Hot water will only dribble out of all the hot taps in my house, it takes hours to run a bath! The Kitchen tap is the best running at double dribble strenght so i have to wash my hair at the kitchen sink!

The cold is fine on all taps.
I live in a bungalow that has oil fired central heating , with some small bore pipe and some normal size, but the water has been fine for a year ,we have tried pressure because we thought it may be an air leak but no help. dont know what else to do.? We would be gratfull for any help
Thanks
Ann

Sponsored Links
Is your hot water system connected to a drunk with prostate problems or is it connected to a boiler of some sort. Would be easier to help diagnose if we knew which! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Do you have a hot water cylinder? is it fed from a cold tank in the loft? How high is this above the taps? Tell us what size the pipes are.

Also, read this //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6026

and provide the info please

and read this //wiki.diynot.com/plumbing[/QUOTE]

Hi, Thanks for replying.....Yes it is connected to a hot water cylinder, it is fed from cold tank in loft, its about 15 ft above the taps. Which pipes? The bathroom pipes are normal standard I think. Sorry I'm quite helpless with this sort of thing.

Best Ann

If you have a mixer tap put the palm of your hand over the end of the tap, open the hot first then the cold slowly, do this for 30 second bursts then close both taps then open the hot. Does this solve the problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back