Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

All of my radiators have thermostatic valves on them apart from the one in my bathroom but I was wondering if I could change this? I'd like to make the non-thermostatic radiator the one in my living room as this is the largest room and takes the longest to heat up usually, whilst the bathroom is usually sub-tropical. Will there have been a reason why the bathroom hasn't got a thermostat or just because that's what the plumber felt like? I know I've got to have one radiator without a thermostat in my house but didn't know if it had to be a certain one.

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
Why not turn the living room on full,ie it will not go off & the bathroom close of a bit to reduce the water flow.

have a look at the lockshield valve in the living room, maybe it's closed too much.

How much sludge blockage do you have?

Where is the room thermostat?

What sort of boiler do you have? Maybe the bathroom is used as a bypass.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies! I've got a plumber / heating engineer coming tomorrow to give the central heating it's annual once over so I'll put it to him as he can see the system instead on relying on my inexpert descriptions.

Thanks for the benefit of your experience! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back