Thermostatic Radiator Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a couple of radiators moved and since then, have suffered from pipe hammer.

Having looked at them a bit closer, it would seem that my corgi registerer plumber has put the thermostatic valve on the output end, cold end, which I guess might be the reason why we have been having pipe hammer.

I bought new valves, which state that the flow can go in either direction. If I fit these onto the outlet end of the radiator, would this solve the pipe hammer? Or do they have to be fitted on the inlet side of the radiator?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Get the plumber to sort it out. If you do fit bi-directional valves, either end will do, and some have a twisty bit that you alter for the flow direction.

Danfoss Ras D can be fitted on any end any orientation, and also have the alterable flow twisty bit just in case you had a problem in high velocity systems, if you have bought cheap from the sheds that is most likely your probem, could also be you need a byepass fitting, have you got T/valves on "every" radiator ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back