Lifestyle Thermostatic valves not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Lifestyle thermostatic valves fitted to my radiators, three of the valves do not appear to be allowing hot water into the radiator, which is obviously staying cold. I have removed the top white body & also the plastic surround around the pin. The pin moves up & down against spring pressure & I have lightly tapped the body with a small hammer in case the valve is jammed but with no success.

Is there anything else I can do without having to call a plumber to replace valves ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the lockshield valve open?

Have you vented the radiator(s)?

Is the lockshield valve open?
Have you vented the radiator(s)

I have vented the radiator & presumably the lockshield is the manual valve at the other end of the radiator - these are open.
Looks like it could be a plumber job !!

Sponsored Links
I have vented the radiator & presumably the lockshield is the manual valve at the other end of the radiator - these are open.
Looks like it could be a plumber job !!
Having started helping you, I have to confess to a feeling of mild irritation that you're giving up so easily.

Before spending money, you should shut off all the working radiators and see if the increased flow to the cold ones makes a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back