Lifestyle Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have unfortunately broken the plastic part of the valve off whilst trying to undo the valve to radiator connecting nut. It seems that the plastic has become brittle over time and has discoloured somewhat. There are some plastic clips left in the metal part of the valve with the pin. In order to change the whole valve would mean draining the entire system. Is there a way I can safely replace the plastic part of the valve to save me the trouble?

Sponsored Links
A picture will help although i think a drayton valve head would fit. Depends how its connected to the body

Sponsored Links
Na you 2 have got it.
I read it completly wrong not once but twice :oops: :oops: . AND thats without a few shandies,

radval3.JPG

This is the best I can do for the minute. The white plastic part contains the thermostat coil with a cylinder in the centre that compresses on a pin on the metal part of the valve, which shuts off the hot water supply. I just wonder if it's trivial to remove the broken clips stuck in the metal part and just clip on a new plastic thermostat part.

You should be able to get a replacement head for it. That will save you having to change the body.
Drayton thermostat heads should fit i think. Best thing to do is take a working head from another radiator and compare it at a merchants to get correct fit

radval3.JPG

This is the best I can do for the minute. The white plastic part contains the thermostat coil with a cylinder in the centre that compresses on a pin on the metal part of the valve, which shuts off the hot water supply. I just wonder if it's trivial to remove the broken clips stuck in the metal part and just clip on a new plastic thermostat part.
You would also have to unscrew the metal part as this knurled nut holds on the head!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back