Honeywell DU144 seating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell DU144 bypass valve that does not appear to be seating properly, whatever I do (like changing the setting to 6 Bar and turning the pump to the lowest setting), with the radiator valves fully open, I still get water passing through as it gets hot before the whole system warms up.

I removed the valve in order to examine it and found that when whatever setting I put it on I can still blow through it.

When I dismantled the valve I found a spindle, a spring and a grey plastic type part that goes on the spindle and sits in the brass valve seating. Unfortunately the grey plastic type part does not fit very well on the brass seating and I am beginning to wonder if there a part missing like some form of washer?

At the moment I am feeding this bypass valve with 15mm pipe, is this acceptable or must it be 22mm?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back