Lifestyle 2-port motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a secondhand ("Pre-owned"/"Pre-loved"/Recovered - call it what you will) Lifestyle motorised valve. Question is: which way round does it go? (a) so that the flow tends to close the valve flap (and the motor has to overcome the spring and the flow in order to open the valve), or (b) so that the flow tends to push the flap open, (the motor will then be assisted by the flow to open the valve).
The valve doesn't appear to have any markings or indicators as to which way round to fit it, and I can't find anything on the web about it either.
Perhaps, having read other threads about ACL Lifestyle valves, I shouldn't fit it at all, but I'd still like to know the answer!!

Sponsored Links
The answer, I suppose, like the reason for climbing Everest, is because I've got it. If it gives me grief, well, I've been warned.
A Horstmann valve I encountered today looks as if the flow tends to open the valve (but it was plumbed in, so I can't be sure).

Sponsored Links
Thanks, D_Hailsham, but the ports aren't marked. The ones on a Horstmann valve are.

Thanks, D_Hailsham, but the ports aren't marked. The ones on a Horstmann valve are.
Must be a very old valve.

Find out which way the existing valve opens and put the new one in the same way round.

PS when not powered, the valve rests against the A port. So the flow should be in the direction of opening the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back