Thermostatic shower fed via worcester combi 24i, going cold Brrrr!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, my Mother has a thermostatic bar mixer shower valve fitted, the hot water is supplied by a worcester combi 24i. The shower works fine, then it goes cold, there is no pattern to it and it will become warm again on its own accord. Domestic hot water and the central heating appear to be working fine, this has been happening intermittently for about 3 weeks now. We live in a non HW area, are there any basic checks I can carry out before scopping the shower bar through me Mums bathroom window :eek:

Kindest regards, Otto

Sponsored Links
shower.jpg

hi Otto, before you throw the valve away make sure the hot water coming from hot taps runs at a consistent temperature for several minutes.if it does then the mixer needs attention.you can get replacement parts but I would not bother as you can buy a new one for around 60 quid. the distance apart of the pipework is a limiting factor. most are 150mm but some are not.most threads are 3/4 bsp.again some are not. if you establish what you have and match it on the replacement it's an easy swap. regards terry.

forgot to mention the hot and cold supplies have to be the same side. I.e hot goes into valve on left side on existing ,new has to be same.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check if boiler stays on when i visit later today and respond accordingly.
Regards Otto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back