Worcester 24i DHW problem

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi group, quick update. Looked at boiler last night, removed cover & loosened lower panel containing the PCB & controls, fault persisted, I then noticed that if I went to close the hinged panel, the boiler would fire up so I removed the metal plate over the PCB and inspected, found what I thought was a loose wire & re-secured, put boiler back together. Tested, fault persisted, however I noticed that if I gently pushed the centre of the plastic control panel, the boiler would fire & stay on indefinitely whilst pressure was applied. Didn't have time to investigate further as it was getting late & dark. Just an update to put you guys in the picture, any further advice really appreciated.
Kindest regards Otto

Hi group, quick update. Looked at boiler last night, removed cover & loosened lower panel containing the PCB & controls, fault persisted, I then noticed that if I went to close the hinged panel, the boiler would fire up so I removed the metal plate over the PCB and inspected, found what I thought was a loose wire & re-secured, put boiler back together. Tested, fault persisted, however I noticed that if I gently pushed the centre of the plastic control panel, the boiler would fire & stay on indefinitely whilst pressure was applied. Didn't have time to investigate further as it was getting late & dark. Just an update to put you guys in the picture, any further advice really appreciated.
Kindest regards Otto

This previous post may help if it's the relay issue

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/worcester-24i-rsf-l-combi-hot-water-problem-please-help.210558/

Yes, as above, it'll probably be the relay on the PCB. I had exactly the same symptoms and pushing the control panel in would make it work.

Thank you so much for all the advice guys, Relay ordered from CPC, will update once installed (y)

Relay was fitted, boiler has been fine since August 2016, have a problem with the shower now but that's a different thread, thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.
Otto, in a soaking West Cumbria

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back