worcester 24i combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have a worcester bosch 24i rsf combi boiler, i have recently replaced the fan, timer, air flow switch and at first the problem seemed sorted, now it works when it wants to. The hot water will sometimes get hot for a few minutes then run cold. The boiler is constantly clicking when it does this as if trying to relight but doesnt, does anyone know what might be wrong with it. Would appreciate some advice before i spend anymore unnecessary money on it.

Sponsored Links
How recently was all that work done?? I'm afraid I can't really help without being in front of the boiler! it strikes me that you should be talking to the company or person that has so far carried out ineffective repair, the 24i is a faily simple combi I would think that your recent repair should carry some kind of warrenty? ;)

Engineer should have looked at gas pressure / gas valve operation.

he checked the gas valve that was ok, the fault seems electrical, it clicks constantly like its a bad connection, the pilot light goes out and the fan stops, excuse my naivety but i dont want to spend any unnecessary money on this in view of what it has cost me so far. Might add it does this when there is no demand i.e. c/h off and hot water not in demand. This happens just after the hot water has run cold after running hot.

Sponsored Links
Engineer should have looked at gas pressure / gas valve operation.

he checked the gas valve that was ok, the fault seems electrical, it clicks constantly like its a bad connection, the pilot light goes out and the fan stops, excuse my naivety but i dont want to spend any unnecessary money on this in view of what it has cost me so far. Might add it does this when there is no demand i.e. c/h off and hot water not in demand. This happens just after the hot water has run cold after running hot.

You should only spend that actual cost of what is required to get the boiuler working!

It seems you engaged a parts changer and have paid for parts which have not cured the problem.

As a consumer you are in a very strong position. You should ask him to complete the repair of the boiler or refund ALL of the costs you have paid him so far.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back