Worcester 24i RSF -l Combi hot water problem - please help?

pjt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so you turn the shower/ bath on (mixer shower) and pilot light on boiler ignites, hot water comes on but after several minutes (varies) the pilot light goes out, then you hear a clicking noise on the boiler (clicks every half a second, to try and re-ignite itself i presume). Sometimes it manages to re-ignite itself on its own but usually i have to give it a quick whack on the side of the boiler (at the bottom where the PCB is housed) and it will re-ignite itself after i have whacked it.

The pilot light then sometimes stays on for a while but also sometimes goes off after a few minutes/seconds.

The place where i whack it is where the PCB is OR the connections leading to the PCB.

Also the boiler sometimes completely fails to ignite sometimes and doesnt even try to ignite, the only way to get it to ignite again is by switching the boiler off at the mains and back on again.

Hope someone can shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Sponsored Links
i often have to change pcb's for dodgy relays on 24i's. this could be your problem.

thanks for the quick reply, trouble is PCBs for this boiler seem to be over £100 and wouldnt like to lay out that if it aint that.

Is their any things i can try to put the problem down to one part

Also is their anywhere where i can get a PCB cheap for this boiler?

cheers

Phil

cant say for sure im afraid. check there are no loose connections first though.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply,

another thing, when the boiler works and hot water is running fine, the shower only produces warm water, even when fully over to hot, is there anyway to make it warmer? anything i can do on the boiler to increase the temperature?

Thanks
Phil

water temp is preset and not adjustable.you need to find out if its performing properly before you assume its not giving correct water temp.

if your incoming mains water is as low as ours is just now you will be lucky to get more than 40 degrees out of a tap at 10 litres a minute.

Had the same problem with water starting off hot then going cold and then finding that I had to turn off hot water tap and waiting for several minutes before turning back on to get hot water.

I also found tapping the PCB some times provided temporary fix.

I Fixed the fault aproximatly 2 years ago, and come back again recently.

Check the Relay RL1 on the PCB burned contacts.

I found on both occasion the contacts have been burned, replacing the relay cost approx £10 as opposed to £130 for a replacment PCB.

yeah defo the pcb in my own opinion. bit of a fiddle with the pcbs on these boilers. but id say the relay is on it way out as for the hotwater if the flowswitch has started to go. normally because they leak and get abit of water damage or incorrect gas pressures or what nickso said about your water pressure.

Nath

thanks for your views guys.

where would i buy a relay from? and are they easy to replace?.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back