Thermostatic shower -help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new bathroom suite and included a thermostatic shower. It is a bar type control with flow on let and temp on right. I cannot get any temperature control only by adjusting the valvethat come out of wall. The temp control does nothing. I am now a bit stumped there were no idiot instructions with it but I was told that it didn\\\'t matter whether the hot was flow end or other end, is this correct I curently have hot coming in thermostat end and this the only thig I can think of. ANybody help me please. also if I get this sorted how do I set it up eg adjust flows from both feeds etc. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need:
1) Hot on the left. Sometimes you can turn the mixer end to end, depending on the printing of the temperature knob! Worth a try to prove a point. If H and C are reversed you usually get only all hot or all cold, nothing in between.

2) Similar pressure from H and C. You can't for example, have the C from the main and the H from a loft cistern.

Looks Like I have it the wrong way round oops! I didn't mention the key thing on flow - I am running hot from combi boiler Worcester 400 Hiflow and cold from mains - I do have a adjustable gate valves on both should this be OK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back