Thermostatic shower mixer leak - cartridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have this thermostatic shower mixer but it doesn't have any branding on it.

Unfortunately it's leaking, a slow drip from the arrow on the left where I presume I would just need to get a new olive in there with some PTFE.

The bigger leak though is from the right hand side (in the picture I've removed the temperature control piece to get a better look)

After a shower if I turn the temperature to full cold then the leak isn't quite as bad as if it's left on a hot setting.

Am I looking at needing a new cartridge?

If I can't identify the brand I guess I'm looking at just having to replace the whole bar instead

Any views?

Sponsored Links
That's the way I was leaning towards,

It is a 150mm standard fitment, changing it over doesn't look too difficult so I'll see what we fancy changing to, possibly a Mira Coda Ev 2.

Thanks

I have the same mixer bar which I need a new on/off handle cover for as mines threaded and won't grip any more. Does anyone have any idea of the brand or snowscreen if you change yours can I buy the on/off handle from you please?

Cheers guys
Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back