Thermostatic shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I hope you don't mind me posting. I've spent the last couple of days googling my problem online and many times I was lead to this forum but I couldn't find an exact answer to my question.

I'm currently having my bathroom refitted. My builder has put in a new thermostatic mixer for filling my bath and shower. I'm having issues with the water temperature. When turned up to maximum the water comes out warm but not hot. I'm used to having hot baths and indeed used to get plenty of hot hot water up there so I'm really not liking it at the moment. He's told me that because it's a thermostatic mixer the temperature is limited and I can't get it any hotter. Is this the case with thermostatic mixers? If so could anyone recommend a good manual double mixer that I could use instead (been told they don't exist...)?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Jenny

Sponsored Links
You can generally increase the temp. Had a client that wanted freezing and cold and boiling hot, this isn't possible you can only have one or the other as the a restriction on how far it can turn. Have a look at the fitting instructions then show the builder how to do it.... He will love that.... Let us know the make and model of the valve we could let you know if it's possible...

Thanks for your quick reply. I generally don't really want to annoy my builder but the temperature at the moment is really not good enough.

Unfortunately I do not know the exact model but I believe the brand is cross water.

I have no need for freezing cold water but would like to get it quite hot so I can top up a cooling bath etc.

I'm guessing from your response that I should be able to achieve this from some models of mixer? All the manual ones I have come across are not very attractive so I'd be happy to take a recommendation for a different thermostatic model.

Give us a pic if you don't know the model etc.
Not all are thermostatic bath/shower mixers many only have thermostatic control to the shower not the taps.

Sponsored Links
I've just gone to find the paperwork and I believe it's called the zeya..

Sorry for not being clear enough, it's actually like a panel on the wall. Model number is Ze1500rc

Haven't seen this particular model but in my experience if the temp is set too cool on a thermo mixer you undo the Allen bolt (or whatever holds the temp knob on) and turn the splined knob clockwise (or maybe anticlockwise), then re-fit the the control knob. IMO cross water are a fine British manufacturer.

Has the builder connected the hot and cold supplies the wrong way round?

If it's got 2 handles and is a thermo diverter then one will be the diverter (obviously!),the other will be the flow/temperature and will be sequential, if that makes a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back