Thermostatic shower not needed with unvented HW system..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My first post. I will soon be having a new external oil condensing boiler and unvented hot water system installed (the current set up uses a solid fuel Rayburn and gravity fed system).

I am also planning to fit a new bathroom soon and have decided to ditch the weedy electric shower and fit a mixer instead. Obviously thermostatics are usually much better at maintaining a stable temperature, but am I right in thinking that when the new HW system is unvented (ie mains pressure on both hot and cold) that an ordinary mixer will do the job just as well?

I would have thought that given that the hot and cold are from the same supply that any fluctuations in flow would be balanced anyway, keeping the temperature constant.

All comments appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul

Sponsored Links
In theory yes, but if your cold mains inlet pressure is not above 3 bar then possibly no.

I always recommend thermostatic showers for safety and we all know what theory is like in the real world :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back