Thermostatic Shower Problem - Hot Water Only!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Heritage fixed head shower in our main bathroom which looks similar to but not identical to this:

http://www.heritagebathrooms.com/pages/pd_shower_valves_heritage_deluxe.html

The shower is linked to a pump and is operated by opening the valve on the shower (to set the temperature) and then by turning on the pump to start the flow of water.

However, since a few weeks ago, the shower only provides scalding hot water and does not appear to be allowing any cold through to the shower head.

I've checked the cold feed into/out of the pump and into the thermostatic valve and all seems to be fine. I am getting high pressure cold and hot water at the inlets to the thermostatic valve, but only boiling hot water coming out of the shower head (once the hot feed get up to temperature).

Does it sound as if the valve itself is the faulty component? If so, where can I order a replacement valve for the shower?

Many thanks.

John

Sponsored Links
If I remove the old cartridge can I tell by looking at it that it needs replaced?

Also, is it possible to get an exploded diagram of the internals of the shower anywhere online?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Dismantled the valve cleaned it and re-assembled.

Now I'm only getting cold water and the valve now seems to stem the flow of water whether it is fully open or fully closed.

What now?? :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back