Thermostatic shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Bristan Chill Thermostatic shower valve that was installed about 3 months ago.
The shower dripped so I persuaded the bathroom installer to come back today and he replaced all the valves (Bristan provided spares) to see if the dripping would stop.
Now the shower wont get hot enough - I've tried increasing the temperature valve to max so its not that.
The water supply is definitely hot enough - the pipe gets scalding hot.
Before, if I turned the hot half on, hot water would come out (scalding hot!) but now if I turn it half on its ice cold so it seems like cold water is constantly flowing. If I turn on the bath tap then the shower gets to a nice hot temperature as well if that means anything!

oh... and it still drips!

I can get the installer back... any ideas appreciated... faulty valve? cold water pressure needs a pressure restrictor??!!

Sponsored Links
hes not set the maximum pre-set temperature

as its still drips sent it back or get them to look under warranty.

Sponsored Links
I would agree - I dont think he did but I think I've corrected that - The manual showed me how to increase the temp and Ive moved it up to the max setting and like I say, if you run the cold water in the sink/bath whilst the showers running, it gets hotter which makes me think thats not the problem..I'm not expert though so apologies if Im getting the wrong end of the stick!! (and thanks for the help!)

but it worked ok before it was taken apart.
which makes me think its not quite back together right.

if it was like it when first installed then maybe an external problem.

makes it hard knowing someones had the shower apart
so can be many reasons as its still dripping get it sorted under warranty before its to late.

let us know what happens.

thanks - thinking back we had a few probs getting the temperature high enough when it was first installed which we fixed by fiddling with the max temp screw on numerous occassions .. will let u know what happens

sometimes if the cold is slightly better than the hot as the hot on a combi has to go through the h/exchanger shower instructions advise fitting a pressure equalising valve before the shower mixer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back