thermostatic shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a thermostatic shower which was working ok, but now only runs cold and shower stops when heating knob turned to hot. Could this be a sticking vale or what :?: There is quite a lot of cold pressure and less hot but as iI say it was ok. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
can be a sticking non return, airlock you don't say if it's mains pressure, gravity,fed from a pump etc.

It's gravity fed (in an old pub), cold could be mains pressure or from a header, I've not yet looked.

Sponsored Links
check the cold it must be tank fed not mains as it should be balanced pressures.

Thanks for your replies.If I find it is direct, can I reduce cold pressure with a valve or a flow regulator, and might this solve things? What I can't understand is that it was working ok and now.............

cold needs to be straight from tank.
the cold may of over time been putting pressure on the non return and now it's jammed.

OK good, if I put a pressure reducer in of some sort will that be ok?Also do I now need to replace the valve? I know these are difficult to answer so I guess the answer will be....try it and see!! Many thanks.

pressure reducing valve is no good won't balance it needs to be fed from the same tank.
you should be able to free the valve and all be ok

Some showers come with a little flow restrictor that fits at the shower end of the pipe/fitting and reduces the cold flow
Is there any crud/scale in the hot inlet? i have seen this b4

should be clean, as it is not that old but will check it out.
Many thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back