Thermostatic shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My thermostatic shower has stopped working. It produces a spray of water for about 10 secs then the flow reduces to a trickle after about 20 secs. When switched on, the boiler initially fires up but then cuts out when the flow slows down. HW taps to bath and basin work fine and there's no noticeable reduction in cold water pressure over the last few weeks. There has however been some work to communal pipes in the block of flats.

I was about to replace the shower valve which is about 7 yrs old but then I noticed that even the cheaper new ones come with a lifetime guarantee, suggesting that these valves very rarely fail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Daljit

Sponsored Links
They fail all the time. Especially in hard water areas due to limescale which isn't covered by the lifetime guarantee. What a surprise. Not saying that this is your problem. May be an idea to remove the cartridge and turn the water on quickly. Sounds like there may be grit or something in the pipework which is blocking the inlet once it's turned on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back