thermostatic valves on all radiators.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My OF heating system has one pump. This is on the return inlet at the bottom of the boiler through which both the CH and the hot water circuits are returned. (Is this usual? I suppose it keeps the pump slightly cooler)

I have fitted thermostatic valves on all my radiators except for two. Would it be OK to fit these radiators with thermostatic valves as well relying on the hot water circuit to ensure an open circuit for the pump?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
(Is this usual? I suppose it keeps the pump slightly cooler)

Used to be common because of the cooler running. Now frowned upon because of the possibility of negative pressures getting air into the system through micro-leaks.

You must not rely on the cylinder for a bypass - add a separate one if you need one. NB 3 port valves will stay on the ch position when the thermostat goes happy so there might be NO path for water.

Thanks ChrisR

System has very little control. No room or cylinder thermostats and no motorised valves of any description. CH and Hot water cannot be operated independently. Would thermostatic valves on all radiators still be inadvisable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back