Thermowood cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi about to start a garden room project,which is going to be clad.
Originally I was going to use cedar as cladding,however due to size of garden room this works out expensive,rep at wood merchant mentioned the thermowood cladding as a major house builder had just placed an order. Has anyone used the stuff just looking for feedback.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi about to start a garden room project,which is going to be clad.
Originally I was going to use cedar as cladding,however due to size of garden room this works out expensive,rep at wood merchant mentioned the thermowood cladding as a major house builder had just placed an order. Has anyone used the stuff just looking for feedback.
Thanks

Is that the pre finished cladding thats been baked

Yes pre treated ,a brownish colour they say it can last 30 years

Its oven baked until all life has gone ,Its all down to taste,buget and style property I think it would suit a modern house with very clean lines and no soul

Sponsored Links
I have seen lots of loft conversion using it as it's relatively cheap and quick to install, it does fade quickly to a silver type finish which is fine if you like the look.Interestingly it claims to be 50% more resistant than untreated softwood, not in itself a great recommendation given than untreated softwood can decay very quickly.

Thermowood comes in two grades, S and D, thermowood D is more durable and should last 30-60 years.

There are also a number of thermally modified brands out there (thermowood is a specific brand), some use different temperatures for slightly different results and durability.

Most of them use redwood/spruce but you can also get thermally modified beech and oak.

Thanks for that information,checked the two grades out and metsa only bring in the d grade into uk.
I have decided to go with the thermowood based on price and suitability to job in hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back