THESE PEOPLE KILL ME

B

B.O.B DOLE

bloody charity collectors outside supermarkets.
they are here every christmas approching people for money it surprises me that these superstores allow it, its worse than penny for the guy.
this practise should be banned, i hate walking in these superstores with beggers at the door pestering me i remember one bloke asking donations for the hungry pensioners can you beleive that outside a food superstore
why not go and pester the boss at tesco or asda why he is there , so anyway i went in my bag and his eyes lit up i pulled out a tin of no frills beans and handed them to him you should of seen his face.

Sponsored Links
...and what about bloody Bono then, eh ?? Maybe if he decided that £5m was enough to live on in luxury for the rest of his days, and creamed the spare £200m or so off the top, then he could make poverty history without bothering me during Coronation Street.......

my local Morrisons allows all kinds INSIDE the store, all year round, usually double glazing salespeople (dont most people have double glazing nowadays????), mobility charities, kids charities etc. They stand where everyone passes, and get in your way and pee you right off. Thing is, they shake their collection boxes at you, yet many people pay by card nowadays and dont have any change!

And there is a permenant collection bin for the RSPCA, where you can throw in a tin of cat food etc as you exit the store. This i dont mind though, as its not intrusive, and i often contribute.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
my local Morrisons allows all kinds INSIDE the store, all year round, usually double glazing salespeople (dont most people have double glazing nowadays????), mobility charities, kids charities etc. They stand where everyone passes, and get in your way and pee you right off. Thing is, they shake their collection boxes at you, yet many people pay by card nowadays and dont have any change!

And there is a permenant collection bin for the RSPCA, where you can throw in a tin of cat food etc as you exit the store. This i dont mind though, as its not intrusive, and i often contribute.

I told this story before here about years ago i saw someone go into the tpublic toilets and empty a collection tin they had been using in the pub earlier.

Freddie said:
when i was a kid we all gave a tin of beans or a bag of sugar at the harvest festaval which went to the old folk i think---there was no complaints then so what was the problem?
yes, we had a sale at our school, everyone donated tins of beans, and tins of all descriptions really! And there were always 3 or 4 busybodies who would donate an entire hamper or something like that! And the products would be sold back to the parents, on pasting tables in the school hall in the afternoon! :rolleyes: stupid but a good way to raise money and exploit people's daftness!

Yeah I never give money to charity - you just don't know where it's going.

Donating money or material goods just encourages a somewhat laisser faire attitude to charity. If you're going to do anything, get up off your backside and go and help.

crafty1289 said:
my local Morrisons allows all kinds INSIDE the store, all year round, usually double glazing salespeople (dont most people have double glazing nowadays.

That's different: they are only trying to do a job; don't you try and do your job? Some people might not have double glazing, or might even be looking for some new double glazing.

I believe that if you get some fresh-faced Australian accost you in the street wanting to sign up a direct debit to Amnesty, or someone coming round the pub asking for donations for the kiddies hospital, a sizable chunk of what you hand over goes to the collector.

If you want to do your bit, seek out the charity of choice and donate directly. My stock answer to the direct debit brigade is 'Sorry - I don't give out my bank details and personal info to strangers in the street' - Seems to work..... :D

B.O.B DOLE said:
b****y charity collectors outside supermarkets.
they are here every christmas approching people for money it surprises me that these superstores allow it, its worse than penny for the guy.
this practise should be banned, i hate walking in these superstores with beggers at the door pestering me i remember one bloke asking donations for the hungry pensioners can you beleive that outside a food superstore
why not go and pester the boss at tesco or asda why he is there , so anyway i went in my bag and his eyes lit up i pulled out a tin of no frills beans and handed them to him you should of seen his face.
The stores do make contributions and they usually have trolleys lying around for donations.
I can understand concern as to if these collectors outside are actually giving the stuff to the needy, therefore i suggest those that want to contribute give directly to those they know are struggling in their neighbourhood such as the elderly etc.

Sponsored Links
Back