They Knew. They Lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant to the current crisis
How is it irrelevant when it's thousands of times worse and scientists can actually study it with a far bigger time frame and data.
Or did you mean you can't use it to back up your nut job rantings now get off the Internet and save the planet or just carry on being a hypocrit

Sponsored Links
The crap people come up with. A for instance
ClimateChange.jpg

The amount of CO2 in the earth’s atmosphere is far higher than at any point in at least the last 400,000 years. And it’s still rising, this Nasa graph shows. CO2 levels have not been this high for at least three million years.

I didn't know various empires existed before that.

More here

Sponsored Links
This is the one that messed up a previous COP.. LOL It's interesting to recollect the acid rain effect on forests but there are other factors,

It wasn’t so long ago, probably less than a decade, that lots of people were still denying that the world was warming at all.

Nobody serious seems to do that anymore. The main argument now seems to be that it’s not caused by greenhouse gases. The next stage presumably will be that it doesn’t matter or even that it’s a good thing.

I wonder how many of those sceptical about the role of greenhouse gases even understand the basic theory of how a greenhouse gas warms the planet.

It's pretty likely that mankind is changing the climate. But what to do about it? All we've done in this country is export our emissions by shutting down our factories and buying manufactured goods from other countries. Besides this being economic suicide, it makes us look like we're creating less pollution than we really are. We can't go complaining about China building power stations when the production of all the imported tat we demand is the reason for them being needed.

The reality is that it's unstoppable. A bunch of politicians making promises that will never be kept will make bugger all difference. Given that I can't make any meaningful difference, I've decided not caring is the only rational way.

• Thanks
Reactions: JP_
Point proven by facts, there is no argument.
Conjecture from people with an agenda we have been in a completely different place in the universe every single day were is their proof that that is not the cause for minor change

It's pretty likely that mankind is changing the climate. But what to do about it? All we've done in this country is export our emissions by shutting down our factories and buying manufactured goods from other countries. Besides this being economic suicide, it makes us look like we're creating less pollution than we really are. We can't go complaining about China building power stations when the production of all the imported tat we demand is the reason for them being needed.

The reality is that it's unstoppable. A bunch of politicians making promises that will never be kept will make bugger all difference. Given that I can't make any meaningful difference, I've decided not caring is the only rational way.
That doesn't help much. It is just head in the sand.

If everybody made just a little difference the overall effect would be huge. Even if your effort was just buying less tat

Conjecture from people with an agenda we have been in a completely different place in the universe every single day were is their proof that that is not the cause for minor change
So we are not contributing (as a human race) to global warming ?

If Global warming is a hoax, and we do nothing, then all is fine.

If Global warming is a hoax, and we start to clean up the planet, then everyone benefits from a much cleaner planet.

If Global warning is real, and we start to clean up the planet, then everyone benefits from a much cleaner planet.

If Global warming is real and we do nothing, then that is disastrous.

Therefore cleaning up the Planet is a no brainer, hoax or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back