They Knew. They Lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably when mankind wasn't about
I'm pretty sure mankind wasn't around when T Rex was wandering about in the boiling sun, the planet was a block of ice or it was a red hot ball of exploding magma.

I'm not suggesting that mankind isn't affecting the climate, but that we shouldn't attribute every fraction of a degree to ourselves.

Change is the only constant that this world has seen.

Obviously the oil industry is a bunch of liars with a massive vested interest. But don't forget that the eco industry is also a massive global business with its own axe to grind. Fear makes money for them.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But don't forget that the eco industry is also a massive global business with its own axe to grind. Fear makes money for them.
That won't go down well with the one eyed on here. They've got facts yuo know and if you don't like them they have others.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure mankind wasn't around when T Rex was wandering about in the boiling sun, the planet was a block ice or it was a red hot ball of exploding magma.

I'm not suggesting that mankind isn't affecting the climate, but that we shouldn't attribute every fraction of a degree to ourselves.

Change is the only constant that this world has seen.

Obviously the oil industry is a bunch of liars with a massive vested interest. But don't forget that the eco industry is also a massive global business with its own axe to grind. Fear makes money for them.
I think the regularity of global weather disasters are enough information for the uninitiated.

sea levels have risen by about 300 feet i the past 15000 years the earth is traveling through space at ten of thousands of miles an hour the earth sits on an axis that wobbles and take 26000 thousand of years to return to original position our galaxy is on a 230 million year orbit that rises and falls like a waltzer .
And people still think changes are down to us and taxing us for the pleasure is going to stop it .
As many scientist who claim we are responsible there is just as many thay debunk it .
Lets get back to roman times when there was vineyards as far north as lincolnshire must have been all that pollution back then that gave us that temp rise

Anyway, as I said before, this is all a bit irrelevant. The problem we need to solve is how to humanely manage climate change. It's clear we can't do much to stop it now, but we can develop policies and manage the impact. But nobody wants that, so that won't happen either.

One benefit of climate change - more sand* to bury your head into.

*(might actually be less, I just made that up for comic value)

A past COP was messed up by some person who had done work for the oil industry. He reckonned he had found a flaw in the graph that is usually used to discuss it over a very long period of time. It took a while to show that the flaw wasn't one. Politics though - the whole thing is a very serious problem for them to do anything about so used it as an excuse to do nothing. That costed the whole area a number of years before it was taken more seriously. They'd rather do nothing about it as it is going to be an extremely difficult thing for them to do. It's a global problem. UK doing it's thing wont make all that much difference.

So where are we. China the worst producer has spent more reducing their CO2 than the rest of the world all put together. India another bigy next to none. Latest COP, - gas is now a greener fuel. Pretty obvious why. Plus but in the extreme sudden 0 CO2 means the worlds economy shuts down, It can't be done at a rate that interferes with that which is why the bulk reduction will fall on the public. LOL Should have a faster effect.

Seems we do have broader based climate change select comittee, One was interviewed, He says many are talking the talk but not walking the walk, They look at it globally not just UK. He also said gas prices have fallen due to reduced use. Interesting aspect. Mention that charges may reduce at some point. Seems it is saving the gov about £10b. LOL if the prices fall wont people start using more? He feels the gov should use this £10b to do something useful in this area. Also pointed out that more could have been done when interest rates were low. Gas prices later this year - I wonder when reserves have to be built up again. Pass, have to wait and see.

31,000 scientist took the trouble to deny it so the number thinking it will be far higher .
yeah your right travelling through the universe has absolutely no effect would you care to explain how sea levels have risen by 300 feet before the 1800`s how the temp was far hotter during roman times how the temp was vastly hotter during the times when all these fossil fuels were being produced ..
If you are that worried about it get off these forums were you are unnecessarily contributing to the use of these fossil fuels to power the equipment you are using and the servers allowing you access and the factories making the equipment

yeah your right travelling through the universe has absolutely no effect would you care to explain how sea levels have risen by 300 feet before the 1800`s how the temp was far hotter during roman times how the temp was vastly hotter during the times when all these fossil fuels were being produced ..
Irrelevant to the current crisis
If you are that worried about it
I'm more worried about conspiracy nutjobs spreading all sorts of lies and misinformation.

I'm sure I watched a documentary on this a few months back. A guy or team that were commissioned by the major oil companies to explore the effects their industry was having on the planet, including climate. Then, because the results of said commission didn't meet the positive narrative they required, it was buried and/or denied and/or discounted.

In a business sense, hardly surprising is it? Present day, companies like to boast about and promote their environmental credentials. However many of them are, in reality, still producing a lot of product and/or by-product that is anything but environmentally friendly.

If I owned a company producing widgets and a report suggested the widgets and the manufacturing process weren't environmentally friendly, I'm unlikely to be supportive of said report.

We need to be realistic about all of this, including the part we play as consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back