They Knew. They Lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Politicians promise the earth, usually commencing on a date just after they've taken their retirement and cleared off. Nobody's got a clue how to get there, what milestones will be met or who's held accountable if we miss them?

If we're getting to "net zero" by 2050 then how about minus 50% by 2035? Why not minus 10% by 2025? Of course not, that would be within the political careers of those spouting this rubbish.
You're complaining about there not being a plan when I just gave you the link to a plan.

This is classic doom monger stuff. Complaining that no one has thought of X or Y when it has been thought of and documented heavily.

Also, those other options have been modelled to some degree. Have a search for the ESO leading the way model. That aims for 98% renewable/green power for 2030.

Sponsored Links
We have never enjoyed a stable climate.

If you think that increased levels of CO2 in your atmosphere is creating future problems, then please explain to me how we measure the co2 levels.

You're complaining about there not being a plan when I just gave you the link to a plan.

This is classic doom monger stuff. Complaining that no one has thought of X or Y when it has been thought of and documented heavily.

Also, those other options have been modelled to some degree. Have a search for the ESO leading the way model. That aims for 98% renewable/green power for 2030.
He asked you who'd be accountable.
Go on answer that one.
That's the trouble with this green religion it's like all religions when the majority give up in them they disappear into the ether.

We have never enjoyed a stable climate.

You've never bought a car/motorbike/microwave /TV and expected it to last forever.
But you didn't "cut out the middleman" and just lob it in the bin, I'd wager.

You like to make out on GD that you're a master of your own destiny, a doer and not flotsam,... why so passive wrt climate change?

Sponsored Links
My point is that it's got a lot like the covid thing. Those who expressed any doubt about the chosen policies were lumped together with those who thought it was caused by 5G phone towers, all non-believers were lumped together as covidiots.
The same thing happens with race. If you mention that a particular group of foreigners is causing problems in your local area you will be called a racist, lumped together with Adolf Hitler and his nazis and their mad followers, the National Front and all football hooligans. It has been called " The Fallacy of Composition".

My position is that I don't know.
Nobody says that on here - you must know everything about everything and your knowledge about everything must be greater than everybody else's knowledge about everything.

Plumbers / heating engineers mostly work on gas boilers - ie fossil fuels

electricians on heating mostly deal with solar PV

I wonder if a poll would show plumbers are more likely to be climate change deniers.

I wonder if a poll would show plumbers are more likely to be climate change deniers.
if it bothers you that much do you have to talk yourself into getting in to your car or fly abroad on holiday .
And as you post on this subject it must tug at you having to use an electrical appliance and accessing massive servers that are burning fossil fuels so you can complain about them .

Who's posted in this thread that the climate doesn't change? Bit like those who accuse those who don't have the jab as anti vaxxer s although they've had the usual ones for measles etc etc.
Think there's a pattern forming here.

He asked you who'd be accountable.
Go on answer that one.
That's the trouble with this green religion it's like all religions when the majority give up in them they disappear into the ether.
A Green religion?

The closest you can get to it would be Shinto, i suppose.

But a co-ordinated global effort is determined by national interests. The Amazon is seen as 'the lungs of the world' but when Bolsonaro was in power he determined to cut down as much as he could and nobody could do a thing to stop it. I think we've already passed the tipping point for an unstoppable rise in global temperatures and the best we can do is adapt our society to cope with the inevitable changes in the environment.

Messy.
So many vested interests pulling in different directions.
The Kyoto Accord is meant to hold nations accountable but we can all see how a change in leadership can throw any plans into disarray.
What we have at the moment is a committee drawing a horse and making a camel's ear out of the whole thing.
Until a globally accepted plan is made in accordance with national interests we'll all end up pulling in different directions.
I don't believe our lot can find a way to become carbon-neutral by 2050 and as things stand at the moment we'll just have to get super-strong sun block this summer and hope the winter rains don't wash us away.

You like to make out on GD that you're a master of your own destiny, a doer and not flotsam,... why so passive wrt climate change?
This is interesting, joined up thinking. Not many big words used so you can get your responsible adult to sit with you & explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back