They Knew. They Lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sums it up. Climate change caused by human behaviour is a fact.

You can argue about what we do about it, or blame whoever you like, but he fact remains.
I was being somewhat sarcastic with my choice of words.

My point is that it's got a lot like the covid thing. Those who expressed any doubt about the chosen policies were lumped together with those who thought it was caused by 5G phone towers, all non-believers were lumped together as covidiots.

The same goes for the whole eco thing. Anyone expressing any doubt or question about current policies are assumed to be flat-earthers or whatever.

"Science" seems to have become the new religion, i.e. the tool used by those in power to control the masses. Either believe and agree or you're one of "them".

Sponsored Links
As in you aren't sure about climate change happening?

Or you aren't sure if it's man made?

Or you aren't sure it's a bad thing?

I'm guessing you aren't a climate scientist. Why do you think you know better than > 97% of them?
My position is that I don't know. I'm comfortable with this.

I also think that, if things are as bad as they are said to be, then we're powerless to change direction in any meaningful way. The sort of sacrifices that typical modern people are prepared to make aren't going to make the slightest difference, especially when the human population is growing at a far faster rate than each individual could possibly reduce their emissions by. It's just basic logic.

"Science" seems to have become the new religion, i.e. the tool used by those in power to control the masses. Either believe and agree or you're one of "them".
There is a reason why you won't find science that refutes climate change. It doesn't exist.

Anyone can do their own research and prove the current thinking wrong, there's probably a Nobel prize waiting. Don't hold your breath though.

Sponsored Links
My position is that I don't know. I'm comfortable with this.

I also think that, if things are as bad as they are said to be, then we're powerless to change direction in any meaningful way. The sort of sacrifices that typical modern people are prepared to make aren't going to make the slightest difference, especially when the human population is growing at a far faster rate than each individual could possibly reduce their emissions by. It's just basic logic.
Ah, the 'its too hard' doom monger category.

Thankfully it isn't too hard and it can be done. Have a read of the UK net zero plan.

Edit, here's the latest update: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/review-of-net-zero

It's depressing how some people keep talking down the UK.

There is a reason why you won't find science that refutes climate change. It doesn't exist.

Anyone can do their own research and prove the current thinking wrong, there's probably a Nobel prize waiting. Don't hold your breath though.
Yep, that sort of angry intolerance of other views is the issue that is making many people doubt the validity and motives of "science".

Yep, that sort of angry intolerance of other views is the issue that is making many people doubt the validity and motives of "science".
What a stupid statement. Science has proved climate change and that is why people question their motives?

Ah, the 'its too hard' doom monger category.

Thankfully it isn't too hard and it can be done. Have a read of the UK net zero plan.

It's depressing how some people keep talking down the UK.
Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Politicians promise the earth, usually commencing on a date just after they've taken their retirement and cleared off. Nobody's got a clue how to get there, what milestones will be met or who's held accountable if we miss them?

If we're getting to "net zero" by 2050 then how about minus 50% by 2035? Why not minus 10% by 2025? Of course not, that would be within the political careers of those spouting this rubbish.

The sort of sacrifices that typical modern people are prepared to make aren't going to make the slightest difference, especially when the human population is growing at a far faster rate than each individual could possibly reduce their emissions by. It's just basic logic.

Bit of a cop - out there - "prepared to make" - but, hey ho....

If you concede that climate change at its current accelerated rate is due to humans, it is logical that those same humans can change their behaviour to halt those behaviours that are forcing the changes.

Whether and when the elimination of those drivers (of climate change) result in the climate returning to normal, who knows, but sometimes you have to do the right thing,, "just because, right?", right?

You seriously think there's no connection between politics and climate science?
What have politicians got to do with the fact that greater than 99% of climate scientists have shown that man made climate change is real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back