They'll catch you !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted the following in the inner sanctum of the hallowed combustion chamber, it had a different heading in there .....

But I see no reason why it shouldn't go in here too ............

With all this talk talk of banning wet wood burning and coal fires ....seems your going to have to order two tons of wood at a time to ensure it dries to the correct moisture content........I can see this happening .......offenders will be caught by councils seeing the opportunity of raising money by employing people to take pictures of smoke coming from chimneys sending pictures and a fixed penalty notice to the council tax payer registered at the address. You don't think they sieze that opportunity ?? Of course they will........

So they'll be a resurgence in gas fire fitting especially those that look like solid fuel stoves.
A customer that has a three zone heating system ....loves to leave the ch low and sit by the gazco stove I fitted. It does look good when its on by the way !

Ps I fitted the three zone system .....I tried to talk them out if it as I thought it was overkill.......I was wrong.

Sponsored Links
How will they prove the wood was wet once it's burnt ?

That's why they're going to make people buy two tons at a time to try and ensure its dry ! They don't have to prove anything a picture of the chimney producing smoke will be enough for a fine .........and if you don't pay council fines it builds up until baliffs are at the door.

People taking on councils usually lose.

Sponsored Links
I posted the following in the inner sanctum of the hallowed combustion chamber, it had a different heading in there .....

But I see no reason why it shouldn't go in here too ............

With all this talk talk of banning wet wood burning and coal fires ....seems your going to have to order two tons of wood at a time to ensure it dries to the correct moisture content........I can see this happening .......offenders will be caught by councils seeing the opportunity of raising money by employing people to take pictures of smoke coming from chimneys sending pictures and a fixed penalty notice to the council tax payer registered at the address. You don't think they sieze that opportunity ?? Of course they will........

So they'll be a resurgence in gas fire fitting especially those that look like solid fuel stoves.
A customer that has a three zone heating system ....loves to leave the ch low and sit by the gazco stove I fitted. It does look good when its on by the way !

Ps I fitted the three zone system .....I tried to talk them out if it as I thought it was overkill.......I was wrong.
If you weren't wrong in every way, I would agree with you completely.

If it's less than 2 tons then it must be dry when it's sold. If it's over 2 tons you're allowed to sell it wet but you need to check the buyer is planning and able to dry it.

And you can't see the hassle this will cause as a user ?

You don't think councils will police this for the money ?

Any smoke seen coming from a chimney will be an offence so easily proved it will be a massive money spinner.

If you weren't wrong in every way, I would agree with you completely.

If it's less than 2 tons then it must be dry when it's sold. If it's over 2 tons you're allowed to sell it wet but you need to check the buyer is planning and able to dry it.

Kiln dried or air dried ? Kiln drying uses energy......air drying tales on average a year for every inch of thickness.
You don't think there will be supply problems ? There already is ! People sawing branches from park trees for one .

The new legislation that's coming will be a money spinner for councils of that be in no doubt.......they'll relish the opportunity to fine folk !

Kiln dried or air dried ? Kiln drying uses energy......air drying tales on average a year for every inch of thickness.
You don't think there will be supply problems ? There already is ! People sawing branches from park trees for one .

The new legislation that's coming will be a money spinner for councils of that be in no doubt.......they'll relish the opportunity to fine folk !
You'd be more convincing if you knew what the proposed rules were.

As it is it just sounds like paranoia and a massive overreaction.

Sponsored Links
Back