Thin/flat magnetic contacts for upvc doors and windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a product that sits in the channels in the extrusion, rather than unsightly and cumbersome surface mount? I've seen the round flush contacts but they look too chunky and are probably intended for wooden frames.

Sponsored Links
Wirelessly the slimer products for many manufacturers can hide in some frames easily.

Texecom Micro, Orisec covert, Pyronix nano, but you need to check their dimensions as it can vary from window to window and door to door.

You can get flush mounted hard wired products but requires you to sink them into the frames by drilling holes.

I probably should have mentioned I'd prefer wired, we're at the pre-plastering stage so it's easy to run and hide wires, and I prefer the resilience and low maintenance of wired sensors wherever possible.

It depends on the gap available. Sometimes you can get the magnet of a standard surface contact into the groove of the opening part and there will be room for the surface contact in the gap between the opener and the fixed frame, like this:
Magnet.jpg
Contact.jpg

Experiment with some double sided tape to hold things in place before drilling any holes.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the gap available. Sometimes you can get the magnet of a standard surface contact into the groove of the opening part and there will be room for the surface contact in the gap between the opener and the fixed frame, like this:
View attachment 341620View attachment 341621
Experiment with some double sided tape to hold things in place before drilling any holes.
have just measured the channel in the extrusion - it's approx 12x12mm. the frames are Rehau and I believe there's a steel core/liner so drilling would be a tricky affair..

I have alwas manage to fit the contact to the fixed frame but on occasions it's been neccasary to take the magnet out of it's housing and bed it in silicon in the groove at the top of the door.

I have ordered a pair of CQR magnets and contacts that are 13 x13mm and will experiment with how they fit..

I have ordered a pair of CQR magnets and contacts that are 13 x13mm and will experiment with how they fit..
You might need to shave a little bit off the sides of the groove with a Stanley knife to get the magnet in, often there is a little ridge on the sides of the groove which just makes it too narrow for the magnet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back